Lady Bird Lake
About the Visit...
I made my second visit to Lady Bird Lake on Friday March 1 around the early afternoon. This second visit to Lady Bird Lake was just as peaceful as the first time and I it was such a relief for me to be back at this particular location; this was truly unexpected for me.
People Interaction and Gender Identities...
This visit had very few people which was expected since it was during a weekday and early afternoon. There was one man running along the trail. I then saw another man and he was heading towards his car. The last person I saw was a lady who was running with her dog. Clearly there was no interaction. From these observations, gender identities do not have an impact on the interaction of people with the landscape. The area is used by men and women in similar ways such as exercising. For the third visit, I will do my best to be at the trail during the weekend and mid afternoon. Maybe there might just be more people around.

I like to jog at Lady Bird Lake. Yeah, maybe a different time would have provided more interaction and gender identities. I didn't see many differences at my spot, either.
ReplyDeleteI usually walk around parks and lakes around campus too and sometimes it just depends on the time of day one is more comfortable working out in. How was the weather the day you went? I usually tend to go when its sunny outside.
ReplyDeleteAs you view different genders in the area, I can understand the people there are performing their regular routine, as it seems. However, do you notice maybe a slight glace these people make? For example, do women glance more at the landscape when men may glance more at the vehicles in the area or a boat? I am just curious; I have not been there before.
ReplyDelete