A Great Day To Bring the Kids Out!!
Second Visit to the Texas History Museum!
>Couples
>Families
>Students
>Children
LANDSCAPE DESCRIPTION(Bullock Building)
After observing the women's exhibition for the second time at the Texas History Museum I took a closer look at how people were interacting with the landscape. I noticed that it was more family oriented the day I went and saw how moms' and a grandmother were taking the kids to learn more about Texas History. I thought this aspect was really interesting and neat. There was not a specific gender identity playing part, however I did see more individual females looking around than male. Additionally, the parents would play more close attention to the information displayed of a particular women, while the children played more attention to the images and the artifacts.
Therefore, age can make a difference in the way one views a certain perspective like it happened at the museum. As children were moving quicker, going from one spot to another, grasping all the information all at once and paying close attention to the pictures of each women presented. In other words I feel like this is a great way to get young kids involved! not just girls but boys too.Gender Identities:
I would say it was pretty diverse and there was communication amongst the families visiting the exhibition, at one point I did notice a couple where they were observing a certain section together and they separated at the point where the girl was going to look at some of the labor work Texas women did and the guy decided to look at the sports section instead. I thought this aspect was intriguing and important because they had different interests...Also there was not many interaction going on outside of the museum however once they got inside there was allot to talk about and see.
Overall it was a different experience from the first and learned allot!
So Don't forget to Stay Updated for more Information !!
Loved the part on the couple that split! I will say though I would have hit the sports section before my husband for sure :) Also, it's very interesting that women are still the main caretaker of children. Overall, we don't see many men alone with children- at least I didn't observing at my spot either!
ReplyDeleteI found your observation about the couple very interesting. I have visited the museum a few times and I remember seeing a similar situation. I have also noticed that men just tend to look over the Texas women section.
ReplyDeleteCosette, yes, it is very rare when men actually stay in the woman's section to acknowledge the whole labor work and the attributions Texas woman have done over the past years. There are some cases though where men seem interested in specific areas like it was in the case for the man who I saw looking specifically at the sports section.
DeleteAmanda, I found that really interesting too! in some cases some couples look around together but the man looked more interested in a certain section than the area his partner was looking at. And well I would have to agree and hit the sports section first too as soon as I got there!
ReplyDelete