Wednesday, April 24, 2013

3rd Post: San Marvelous River

I went to the San Marcos River this past Saturday. The weather was really nice so I wore what anyone would wear to the river, a swimsuit. I noticed that a lot of girls wore a similar outfit. The men at the river would wear shorts, sunglasses and a hat. During my previous visits to the River I wore shorts or sweatpants (Texas weather has a tendency to be a tad bipolar). 
I noticed that at my previous visits to the river people didn't pay much attention to me. It was like I was there, but I wasn't really there. On this particular day however I noticed that certain people would look at me a little more than normal. I figured it was because of my attire. You had the usual thirsty (extremely single, ready to bone anything with a pulse) guys that would look and basically devour you, the guys who would simple take a quick look and then look at your friend and analyze type of guys, the ladies who just wanted to see how you coordinated your outfit, and finally the ladies who stared at you deeply up and down while holding on to their boyfriend.
If the weather had been a little cooler then things might've turned out a little differently. I would have been just another person there. Being a lady at a river wearing a swimsuit makes you a target of undesired attention. This undesired attention is not there for long though; it only occurs when you are walking down the slope and making your way down to the river. Those 15 yards are the longest walk ever, but it's worth it to get to the river.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! I'm glad the undesired attention didn't ruin the fun of going to the river! Just curious, how did you know the the type of looks these people were giving? For example, how could you tell the "extremely single, ready to bone anything with a pulse" guys from the rest of the crowd?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i noticed it because they snickered.. maybe I was a little frustrated and over exagerated that part!

      Delete
  2. Great post. You're much more perceptive than me. It's really interesting how the change of weather influences behavior on such a drastic level.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.