The Georgetown Public Library is located downtown off 8th Street, which is about 45 minutes outside of Austin.
Alongside the library is a Red Poppy Coffee. From the picture we can see they have a very open, welcoming front seating area. The ground uses similar brick from the buildings along the road.
On the other side of the library is the police station, which is a fairly small building, but also has a neat feature that creates nice height. I'm not sure what that feature is called (I'm thinking smoke stack), however, I do like the look!
THE LIBRARY:
The library is constructed of mostly brick (even the sidewalks are brick) along with some other rock formations. The building is covered with many, many, windows that are wrapped in a dark teal looking frame, which definitely helps the red brick of the library pop!
Among the red brick are some trees and shrubs---all different shapes, sizes, and colors of green. Everything here is well groomed and very clean!
I chose this library because its colors are simple and its function is beneficial for the city. I also enjoy the location in relation to the surrounding buildings. The outdoor aesthetic and the various authors you can meet inside inspires me to keep coming back.





This place is really nice, do you live around this area? I have heard of it before but have never been to it or inside...
ReplyDeleteIt's such a fun little downtown! I don't live around there, but I work about 5 minutes away from this library.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy your description which is very accurate and precise. This seems to be a small town yet intriguing with an old past. I will stay tuned!
ReplyDeleteI will have to go check it out one day! it looks neat and have heard allot about this place from friends.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great deacription of the place. I feel persuaded to make a visit soon.
ReplyDelete