I visited State Capitol on last Saturday, it was hard to find a parking because it is the most crowded place in Austin and also that it is in the main Downtown. I found it pretty nice and it is really huge. It took me almost two hours to see the stuff that is inside and why is it too famous? I saw all the statues in the State Capitol and all have done good work in past such as "Goddess Of Liberty" saved Texas from Spanish Governor. When I went there the majority were old people to visit the place. I hardly saw couple of young people during the time I was there.
This is the class blog of Women in the American West, a class cross-listed in the American Studies, Geography, and Women's and Gender Studies Departments at the University of Texas at Austin. To supplement our readings, research, and discussions of how women have interacted with the western American landscape over time, each student in the class is visiting and blogging about a landscape multiple times during the semester.
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Texas State Capitol
I visited State Capitol on last Saturday, it was hard to find a parking because it is the most crowded place in Austin and also that it is in the main Downtown. I found it pretty nice and it is really huge. It took me almost two hours to see the stuff that is inside and why is it too famous? I saw all the statues in the State Capitol and all have done good work in past such as "Goddess Of Liberty" saved Texas from Spanish Governor. When I went there the majority were old people to visit the place. I hardly saw couple of young people during the time I was there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I completely agree about the parking!! I like going early in the morning especially to take a tour in the capitol.. There are tons of restaurants I'd like to try around the area.
ReplyDeleteyes, I hope they fix parking issues in future.
DeleteI love this place! The front courtyard is gorgeous. I've only been there at night though so I've never actually been inside. Do you have to reserve a spot to take a tour?
ReplyDeleteTHE CAPITOL. Definitely one one of the prettiest places in Austin for sure--the trees and the hills and the statues and the bulding itself. Then, you are surrounded by the best city in the world. I am always mesmerized by the majestic stature of the Capitol. LOVE IT. Such a great place to choose for this blog!
ReplyDeleteThis is one of my favorite places in Austin. Sometimes I will drive down Congress to the Capitol at night it is mesmerizing, like in the photo. Great place.
ReplyDelete