Welcome to my WGS 301 crib...
Some of you might recognize this little area because it's the
SAN MARCOS RIVER (tubing area)
This section of the river is located to next to the Texas State Stadium on Aquarena Springs.
On a nice day this area is filled with a ton of people tubing however when I went to take pictures
it was relatively gloomy and had just rained.
The landscape is slightly hilly and composed of mostly grass with the cement sidewalks.
This is the area I jumped off in order to get closer to the river.
As you can see there is a lot of mud and dirt in the area.
There are a few trees in this particular area.
The weather is normally really cool.
After I jumped of the giant cliff (pictured above) immediately to my back there is this mosaic
From this position it looks relatively neat and well kept
To my right there is this view (pictured below)
There are more trees and more vegetation for the river
I was tempted to get in the water and take closer pictures of the plants
but it was way too cold for my personal taste
Even on a hot day the river water is cold, it also appears to be very clean
San Marcos River
Pictures look pretty. I will try to visit this place soon.
ReplyDeleteYou should! it's really pretty and tubing is relatively cheap.... like $7 a person... Free if you have your own tube!
DeleteThis place looks interesting! How did you find out about it? I'll be sure to visit some day.
ReplyDeleteSome friends took me my sophomore year.. I was terrified actually because i don't know how to swim... now i love to be on the river! you should it's super nice!
DeleteSweeet. How deep is the water? You said there was tubing right? Is that only restricted to certain areas of the river?
DeleteThe deepest parts of the water I'd say are about 9 feet... some parts you can stand up and it'll only be about 4 feet... The tubing area is maybe half a mile at most... There is a bus at the end of the tubing area that can take you back to the starting point...
DeleteAwesome pictures! I always see the river from the road but have never been up close to check it out. Also the mosaic is very interesting. It seems like a pretty artful touch that adds to the backdrop of the river.
ReplyDeleteHopefully i get some more pictures when it is sunny... the light really makes the mosaic glitter. I'd highly recommend it!
Delete